Thursday, May 24, 2012

Time Flies

May 3rd was our 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Wow, time flies when you're having fun.  Before you're married, and especially before you have kids, your view of time is a little different. You think that 5 years is so far away. And 10 was kind of unimaginable. But after reaching adulthood & having kids, time really flies! You do things for extended periods of time that you use to think you'd never do for a DAY! You can go without sleep for months at a time. Because, it turns out, months isn't that long at all. You can nurse for a baby every 2-3 hours all day & night for weeks and weeks with ridiculously sore and painful parts. Then, turns out you may even do it for an entire year - which makes me think you can do anything for a year! Yep. A year isn't so long.  Your perspective just changes. Tyson went back to grad school and we thought, "Well...  its going to be a busy couple years!" But, hey, we already figured out that a couple of years isn't long at all.  And guess what? It's been 2 years already and he'll be done this summer. It will all be worth it. And it will have flown by.

Anyway.  Back to my initial thought. Tyson and I have been married for 10 years. :) Amazing. Time flies. And I am so grateful for the awesome 10 years its been. We have both grown and changed so much. I wouldn't change it for anything. What a great example Tyson is to me. In honor of our 10 years, I am listing my top 10 things I love about my sweetie. Or at least the top 10 appropriate things to list about him on a blog. :)

10. He is one handsome beggar. That can't hurt!
9. Tyson tries to be a better person. Every day better.
8.  The best dad ever. He can play pretend with the best of them.
7.  His hilarious sense of humor. He can't help but laugh at a fart still. At this age, still laughing at farts. Amazing.
6.  He works hard. He really puts in an honest effort at whatever he's doing.
5.  Tyson bites his tongue. Even when it's hard. He's good at not saying what some of us just can't hold in.
4.  Tys has a really incredible understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
3.  He has a very pure heart.
2.  He likes to learn everything. Furthering his education, learning to be a handy, keeping up on news & such, etc. 
1.  He chose ME.  I feel so lucky. :)


2 comments:

StephNyd said...

Happy happy 10th! :) Hey, happy 10th to us all (well, you, Kalisa and me that is.) I can't believe it's been 10 years either and I'm extremely surprised that Nate has put up with me this long! I thought he would've run away a long time ago. ;)

I hope you got to do something fun to celebrate!

Kara said...

Congrats! And what a sweet post! You are a great couple and he is just as lucky as you! Loved your insight at the beginning...it is all so true! Hope to see you before the little Miss comes!