Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Colton: Tough as Nails

We avoided illness all winter - really. Wyatt sucks his thumb and went to nursery early. I kind of figured all the junk he picked up during that phase of life really boosted his immune system, because he was well all winter long. Healthy as a Horse.

Tyson had an awful cough when Colton was born, and the day after Colton came home from the hospital, Wyatt started up this terrible cough. And then I did. Less-than-a-week-old Colton never picked it up.

Just 2 weeks after, Wyatt complained about his ears, then came down with Pink Eye. Nasty. But sir Hugs-a-lot never passed it on to Colton.

Mother's Day was great, until Wyatt very suddenly started running a high fever - past 104. We find out it's Hand Foot & Mouth Disease (courtesy of the doctor's office). It's the "most contagious for the first 7 - 10 days." Colton is tough as nails. Didn't get it.

So, in the last 2 months, Wyatt was more sick than he was all year long. Naturally those 2 months were the exact 2 months we've had a newborn. But with a lot of hand-washing, sanitizing,changing of clothes every time I touched Wyatt, and a whole lot of prayers, sweet baby Colton never got anything! I think he might be bullet-proof!! (knock on wood)

No comments: