Monday, June 15, 2009

Be Smart, Be kind, Be true, Be Humble, Be GRATEFUL


One thing about Wyatt, he is always so grateful.
He just thanked me,
again, for putting him in time out.

He says, "Sit here!? Ok. Thank you, mommy."

What a strange boy.

12 comments:

StephNyd said...

Man! Hannah is screaming and sobbing (as I write this) because she's in time out for hitting Lacey really hard and lying to me about it over and over. I asked her why she lied to me about it and she said "If I don't lie and tell you the bad things that I do, then I get in trouble. So that is why I won't tell you when I hit Lacey and do other bad things. You won't know about it so you won't put me in time out."

I'm gonna hand over Hannah to you and I'll take Wy. It would be nice to here a "thank you" for putting a child in time out.

StephNyd said...

p.s. Later today when we were sitting down for dinner, it was Hannah's turn to say the prayer and she said the following...."bless us to be good girls. bless us to listen to mommy and be happy when we are in time out. Mommy has to teach us somehow."

HA! That made me laugh because after she served her time in time out this afternoon, I sat down with her and tried to explain to her that I need to teach her that we don't hit and by putting her in time out (something that she doesn't like) it helps her to remember that hitting equals time out and such. Anyway.. I told her that I needed to teach her not to hit somehow and time out was my solution! She certainly remembers things, huh!?! :)

Liz said...

All of my kids thank me too, especially Kathryn :)

Kara said...

Thank you for posting that...it gave me a big smile and chuckle to start off the refereeing in my house! Wyatt is so great!

Liz said...

Makes me wonder where you have had him sit before that he is thankful for the corner!

(I just cracked myself up!)

Unknown said...

that's either the most hilarious or the cutest thing ever! maybe both! what a funny angel of a child.

to answer your question on my blog - yes, we changed our house locks & keys.

and also - obviously it's been a while since I've visited your blog - Happy 7th Wedding Anniversary! That is worthy of applause. your post was adorable - I loved it.

Unknown said...

ha ha ha. tag, you're it. ;)

Dubb Days said...

Ok that is adorable! I am sure very frustrating for you, but, adorable all the same. What a crack up!

melbel said...

How do you raise him to be so sweet? Seriously, does he ever throw a tantrum?

Becky said...

It is not me. He was born sweet. And, yes. He throws tantrums. He says mean things. He hits. He can be a stinker. But he does say the nicest kindest things you've ever heard.

Angie said...

He takes after his sweet mommy! Who is always polite and kind! I love ya Beck!!!

Di said...

What a happy kid- think he'll do that when he's a teen and you ground him??? :p