Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year.....

I love my birthday. It's the most wonderful beautiful time of the year. Seriously. Don't you love that day you get phone calls, texts, emails, cards, presents, and favors all day long from people who love you? And it usually goes on for several days!

My birthday was Monday. Sunday night, my sister had my family over for dinner, strawberry pie, and ice cream in honor of me - her littlest sister. Her kids decorated the house, there was a red carpet (a pillow case) outside the front door, and balloons galore. They sang & took pictures like I was their own little kid. Feel like I am.

The next morning, Tys stayed home from work to make me breakfast and take the kids shopping. I had such a nice day! Then we dropped off the boys at my other sweet sister's house while we saw a movie and had dinner. She gave me a little birthday cake and we snuck it into the theater and ate it during the movie. Also a gift wrapped in grocery ads (ha ha...) She always takes care of me. Tyson made me a double-stacked, frosting in the middle, birthday cake. My favorite: German Chocolate. Mmmm. He and Wyatt sang to me. Wyatt wished me Happy Birthday all day long. In fact, he gave me birthday wishes Sunday, Monday, AND Tuesday. Love him.

This year, I have aged so much. Seriously. Lack of sleep, anxiety, and a few other stresses all combined to make sure I didn't look a day younger than I am. Kind people have actually pointed it out to me. True. Oh, well. Tyson told me he wanted to make this a super-wonderful birthday, because its the last one in my 20's. Thank you, sweetie. It was so perfect :)

I am excited for this next year. And I am determined to make my last year in the 20's the best year of all! Bring it on!!!


7 comments:

StephNyd said...

Glad you had such a great birthday! You were spoiled!!!! :) I know you'll make this a great one! I keep reminding Nate how he is getting close to 30- just a few short 5 months and he's kissing his 20's bye bye! (he just gets annoyed when I remind him. oops.)

The Briggs said...

So, I stopped by on Monday to drop off a gift, and you were gone! I'm glad you were out doing something super fun AND it just means that you have one more present waiting for you!!!

Gayle said...

Congratulations Becky! Happy birthday. I will now (after all these years) remember you birthday because it is our granddaughter Ella's birthday too! My best wishes for a wonderful year to come. Gayle

Danielle said...

You've got awesome sisters and an awesome husband. So glad you had a very happy birthday...you deserved every bit of it!!!! Love ya!

Laura W said...

Glad you had a great day! :)

Dubb Days said...

That is a fun day! You deserve it! Oh and I love all of Wyatt's comments--ESPECIALLY the poopy one!

Kacy & Adam said...

Happy Belated by the way....YOU of all people seriously deserve and awesome day! Glad it was a good one:)