Thursday, April 8, 2010

Big Jammies, Big Wyatt, & Big Easter Fun

It's long, sorry. It's been a while. And I have a few fun things to share.

1) Tyson is the best daddy ever. True. But... sometimes he dresses our children in the strangest ways. I found Colton one morning (after daddy put him to bed) in 3T jammies. At least 4 inches hanging off his feet! Ha ha. And today, I picked up Coley and he had two chunky legs stuffed into one small pant leg. Ha ha ha. I wondered why he was whining... and not walking :)




2) Wyatt is still saying very big-person things, wants to go to school - so bad, and did a great job potty training. The other day he said, "Mom, you are a craaaazy man." :)

A few days before we dove into it, I started putting undies on his animals. He thought it was pretty funny. We made a fun potty box with charts, toys, books, toys, and of course, clean unders. When we started, I threw a freakin' party every time he used the potty! He got a sticker, a treat, called a super hero, and tons of crazy-praise.

And earned a totally awesome remote control car when he went a day with no accidents We had it on the fridge for extra motivation! Again, I was impressed with his determination. He learned so fast! So, people. Question. Why did no one tell me that they still sometimes poop in their underwear at the grocery store??? Even weeks after they are trained (and have gone days without accidents). Ick. No worries. Today I just rolled up the dirty underwear and put it in a little paper envelope. You know, like the ones you put your donuts in? Baahh ha ha..



3) Easter was great. We celebrated twice. The weekend before, in Ferron:

Flying kites & coloring eggs


And then again at home:

Finding their baskets


And at my mom's, we had a Easter Cookie Decorating contest:

Such fun. Darling cookies. Sweet kids. Mine won (at least, in my book it did :)

11 comments:

Kara said...

Seriously Becky, you are a great mom with fabulous ideas. I like your potty training supplies! I was so not creative with my munchkins! And, I am laughing at Tyson's attempts at dressing Colton...he he. Good think the baby didn't try to walk...he would have toppled for sure!

C.J. and Jackie said...

You are Craaaaazy Man!!
Cute kids you have Becky! Sounds like you guys had an awesome Easter. And I love that Tyson is so helpful even if he does struggle sometimes. He really is ONE of the Best Daddies!

C.J. and Jackie said...

And I just have to say that I love it when you put in your ha ha's. I seriously hear you laugh when I read those. I love it!

Laura W said...

Oh my gosh, you make me laugh so hard. And I am TOTALLY putting undies on stuffed animals next time! Love that!

Nella said...

I'm curious about this calling a super hero...or wait, did you call him a superhero? Maybe thats it it, I'm slow.
How did Tyson not notice there was already a leg in those pants?

Becky said...

No, you're not slow. He called brothers & sisters of ours posing as "Superman" or "Spiderman" to tell them he peed in the potty - so they could tell him how PROUD they were and how SUPER he was!

StephNyd said...

Ah- cute pic of you and Colton. :) precious.

The Briggs said...

I love the things Tys dresses them in! Everytime Matt picks out something for the girls I hold my breath to see what different colors they will be wearing:)

Sandy said...

It was so good to see you! It's so much fun to read your blog.

Liz said...

I love that Colton was trying to walk with both legs in one side...but seriously Tyson had to be really distracted! You'd have to really push to get those in!

Angie said...

Maybe Tyson didn't have his glasses on. I love little colton checking out his egg. That is probably all he needed too. So sweet!