I. Nanny McFee for 11 days at the B&C Johnson Home. While nannying, all the following happened...
A. Road trip to Boise
1. My beautiful niece Faith was baptized
2. We had a ball hanging with all the cousins.
3. We got a the real feeling of what our road trips will be like when WE have 6 kids of our own :)
B. Our 8th Wedding Anniversary
1. Tyson came home early (I guess when I say home, I mean to my bro's house in SL) with roses and lunch for us. What a sweetie.
2. Technically we didn't see much of each other the rest of the day, because I was running kids around to softball and such. Then he kept the kids while I spent the rest of the night in the hospital watching my Grandma die.
C. Grandma Hadfield past away. Viewing. Funeral. Burial.
D. Mother's Day - returned home
II. A few more funerals
A. Does anyone else think May is officially the month of death?
B. Whatever you think, it IS. Welcome, June. You couldn't come soon enough.
III. Pinewood Derby
....phew...
I hope I didn't miss anything too significant. I want to really document. Details. When more time comes - I'll do it. Ok, I may not ever do it. I better just add a few pictures and details.
Slumber party with the cousins the night before we hauled everyone to Boise.

Aside from the Baptism, we also had fun riding horses, golf carts, swimming, playing, etc. But we love seeing Kirk and Danielle's Family so much, we would probably have had fun even if we were just sitting in cow manure all weekend.
The night we got home, around midnight, my Grandma went into the ER with severe stomach pain.

She passed away 24 hours later.

Crazy how much you learn about someone after they die, isn't it? I thought I knew my Grandma pretty well. We actually talked a lot. But she did so many more amazing things than I realized. Maybe one day I'll tell you all about her. (Love you. Miss you, GG. Do you read my blog now?)
A week later, we planned the Pinewood Derby! Tyson and Wyatt made a car to race too. I was really hoping the illegal 3 yr old's car didn't win any races. No worries, it didn't. But Wyatt had a blast!

I made the cutest derby car treats!

Wy Fry ate all the broken Oreos. And loved every bite.

The boys are doing great, growing up, and entertaining us every day. I love these cute little beggars.
11 comments:
Dang Beck- you sure have had a busy month. Again, sorry about your Grandma. :( That's hard. It's been almost 10 months since my grandpa and it's still strange that he's not here. Cute picture of you and her- when was that taken? you look young in that pic....not that you look old now, but you know what I mean. :) Let's hope June is fun and a bit more laid back!
Hey great to see you're back! I'm welcoming June too! yippy!
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. She was a great lady. I liked her, she always made me smile.
Who lives in Boise? That is where we are moving! Maybe you should move there too!?!
June is always a good month. :) Hopefully we can get together sometime this summer.
June is always promising, especially since I was born in it! :) I'm sorry about your Grandma. You're comment on how you learn so much more about people when they die has really gotten my brow knit in thinking. I'm not sure what I've concluded but you've given me something to ponder beyond what to make for dinner. :)
June is always promising, especially since I was born in it! :) I'm sorry about your Grandma. You're comment on how you learn so much more about people when they die has really gotten my brow knit in thinking. I'm not sure what I've concluded but you've given me something to ponder beyond what to make for dinner. :)
Holy Crap Becky, I bet you would have rather been sitting in manure:) Gald you survived it. Sorry to hear about your Grandma. Glad she lived a long life.
Have fun with those 6 kids some day--you will have no problem!
Amen on May being done and ready for June come what may...
I love that picture of you and Grandma. You look like her just beautiful. Your boys are getting so big. Miss you.
May is my favorite month, but with a May like yours, I'd be glad it was over too! Hope it's been a better June so far!
Awe...you are amazing! I always enjoy reading your posts, but this one tugged at my heartstrings. My Grandpa passed away on Easter sunday, being my first close death I truly still think about him in those last hours and realize how amazing family is. Thank goodness they carry us through thosetimes and we can all lean on eachother. Sorry for the many deaths, its never an easy thing is it? You've made my heart full today :) Heres to June....
Hello friend from long ago. I wish I could give you a hug (I know weird right, because it's ME and everything). Did I already tell you on facebook (oh how I hate and love the facebook) how sorry I am to hear about your Grandma? Well, I am. We should find some "time" to do lunch or dinner. Your boys look old. and cute.
Post a Comment