Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Enjoying June

Someone very wise told me a few months ago, that life only gets busier. During busy times, you think "when my kids are older...." or "when I am done with school..." or "when we're retired..." whatever the case may be. But no one gets less busy, and life really doesn't get less crazy. The older you get, the more there is to do. So, we have to find the time for those important things now, not plan on finding time later. By-george I've got to stop wishing my kids were a older, or life were less busy. My house is a mess. Seriously. That's just the way it is now. That's the "new normal" :) And it's alright. It's time for me to make more time to just enjoy. I wonder if this thought was brought on by the nice weather today...

Anyway. Here's to us trying to enjoy June a little bit!!


Several trips up the canyon, and hiking to Timpanogos Cave


And more s'mores at home!


He he... Wyatt fell asleep on the couch and I put his dragon mask on him - he woke up a little confused.


Wiener and marshmollow-roasting with friends.


Learning our letters!

9 comments:

StephNyd said...

Ha! I love that pic of Wy with that mask- what a funny mommy you are! :)

Angie said...

I love the letter pancake you cute little momma. Summer is the best and brings fun memories as we spend time with our families and friends. Enjoy even if your house isn't as clean as you would like. love you

C.J. and Jackie said...

Becky! You are just the cutest mom. When I have kids, will you teach me how to be a fun mom too? I love the letter pancakes. That is a brilliant idea. And smores at home, I need to do that. Smores are always a fun treat.

Liz said...

We are camping in the backyard tonight . . . and I am going to copy your oven-smore idea!

Laura W said...

You are so cute! Yay for messy houses and letter pancakes! I'm IN! :)

Bailey Family said...

looks like you have been busy and doing lots of fun stuff! Now that it is summer.... we need to get together!!! Zoo???

Dubb Days said...

Was he saying the sound A makes in that last pic?!
I love that you pulled a prank on your child--that is enjoying the moment!
I have been contemplating what you just shared as well. Expecially this week when I know in the next week or two, my two kids will become three and basically my life will be over or more chaotic:)
Thanks for the reminder that we just need to enjoy the fun and forget the mess.

melbel said...

I just had that conversation with my husband the other day! In my defense of the messy house I left abandoned while we went to the pool ALL day, this is summer and I get to enjoy doing nothing with the kids while they're little! (I have no excuse today though...I may steal "it's my new normal!" I like that! :)

And how do you make letter pancakes look so good? I'm lucky just to get my pancakes circle-shaped!

Nella said...

Pranks on the kids!!! Why have I never thought of this? You are an inspiration and the next time one of my kids falls asleep on the couch I"m putting a pair of clean underwear on their heads. Brilliant!