Saturday, November 27, 2010

You're welcome! :)

Colton is so chatty. He loves to talk, yell, and sing. He sings random words to several songs, like: "Five Little Ducks" (his favorite), "Tiny Tim", "Doggie in the Window", " I Hope They Call Me on a Mission", and "I am a Child of God".

He is a master of changing the subject. Just one example: when he is being difficult I will ask him , "Colton, do you want to go to time-out?" and before the words are even out of my mouth he'll be pointing in the opposite direction of time-out and saying "That way!!!" or "Drink!" or "Look!! Puppy!" He is a clever little thing.

One thing he has yet to figure out, though, is who says "Thank you" and who says "You're welcome." When I tell him to say, "Thank you" he tells me "You're welcome!!" When someone else gives him something, I'll prompt him "What do you say?" And he'll turn to them and very gratefully say, " -Welcome!!"

4 comments:

Angie said...

He is so darling! I can't believe how much he is talking.

Dubb Days said...

I love the singing! What a fun age!!

Melanie said...

I can't believe it, Alice doesn't say hardly anything. That is great he loves to sing, I love hearing the words kids sing to songs.

JenJ said...

Becky, I love your blog. How fun!! You have all kinds of little laughs going on. So fun! Glad I stopped by.