Monday, March 21, 2011

2........going on 4

Our cute Colton turned 2 on March 8th. He LOVES dinosaurs, so I made him a dinosaur cake. I knew he would love it!



When it was finished, and I was out of the kitchen, Colton ran up to me saying, "I GOT IT!!!" with this......

in his hand. A stegosaurus with a bite taken out of it. My wheels start turning. "Uh...... where did you get that?" We run into the kitchen to see this:


Well, our resourceful little guy got it from off his cake from off the counter, of course.



Anyway. Back to the birthday party. Coley's favorite food is pizza. So we had pizza! And smashed cake! And icecream! :)


Colton opening his presents.

We love Colton so much. He has brought such an exciting element to our family. Honestly, Colton is absolutely the most active, clever, resourceful, strong-willed, and ingenious 2 year old in town. He never ceases to amaze me. He knows tons of his letters and sounds, he can name any common dinosaur (triceratops is his favorite) and any animal. Tonight he told me he wanted to go pee-pee, and headed to the bathroom. He sat on the toilet and, sure enough, he peed right in the potty. He is determined and hilarious. Colton was bald (and I mean bald-bald) for the first year and a half of his life. His hair suddenly grew in and surprised us all by being crazy-blond as can be and curly as can be! It was totally worth the wait. One of my favorite things Colton says is that he "wuvs" everything. Every day he says, "I WUV the dinosaur museum!" or when we pass a park, "I want to go to that park. I WUV the park!!" Life would just be boring without his witty personality. Love you more than I can say, Coley-Bear.

7 comments:

StephNyd said...

Oh darn! Your cute cake! At least he enjoyed getting the dinosaur, right?
Geez, it seems like he was just born yesterday. It really does go by too fast. I love his curly hair too and his deep brown eyes. You make cute kids...good job Beck! ;)

Dubb Days said...

At least you got a picture before it was attacked! How funny (though I am sure at the moment it was not!) What a smart and lovely little guy!

Angie said...

Wow he is a helper. Who could not resist that wonderful cake? Great job little momma. We love you Colton Happy Birthday.

melbel said...

Wow that is...ahem WAS...an amazing cake! That looks like it took so much time only for little fingers to find it. Oh well. He is way too cute!

Sommer said...

Cutie kid with those curls... Happy Birthday dinosauar boy!

Melanie said...

That cake is so awesome! I am super impressed that you made that. Too bad it ended up on the floor.

htasker said...

I'm so glad you got a picture of the cake before the disaster. What a cute little guy! I LOVE his hair!!!