Last year (Mar 2010), I remember declaring that I was determined to make the last year in my 20's the best year of all. And may I quote, "Bring it on!!!" Well. I think I won't do that again. Who was I talking to anyway? Not sure. I didn't mean to direct it at any one Omnipotent Being, but I think it was taken that way. My last year in the 20's was definitely the most interesting. And challenging. The busiest, most exciting, most painful, most rewarding, and I have certainly grown and learned more than any other year of my life. And, by the way, have made some of the most dear friendships of my life so far. But, boy-howdy! I'm glad we got that year out of the way. Phew! So. As I welcome this new decade, I will word it carefully. I am excited to start out my 3rd decade in the most peaceful, non-eventful, and hopefully even boring year so far! Bring THAT on, would ya?
Thanks to facebook, all the emails, texts, phone calls, cards, flowers, cookies, lunch, homemade bread, chocolates, babysitting, bundt cake, cash, dinner, gift cards, brownies, hot cocoa party, etc. March 1st really does sneak up on me every year (that tricky 28-day February) and every year it is such a delightful surprise. The best day of the year. Bless you.
I am now off to find the best age-defying facial cream out there.
7 comments:
You cutie! Hope you have a wonderful 30th year. I feel old knowing you're only 30!
30's will be great. I see Bear Lake happening a lot in our 30's- what do you think? :)
I agree- I want 2011 to be boring and uneventful. I didn't have a problem with saying goodbye to 2010 at all. There were some good things, but it was mostly stress and I don't mind if I forgot most of the things that happened.
Anyway- happy bday again and I wish I were closer to you so I could've helped you celebrate your last night of your 20's better than having to clean out that house!
haha. beck, i LOVE reading your posts. you never cease to make me laugh. love ya!
Ha Ha! love it! I love being in my 30's! I hope you love it too! It rocks. You are smarter, wiser, and know better. love it! Enjoy
I have been known to say "bring it on" too, but I suppose I should rethink that! Happy birthday to you! I'm not that far behind you. Hope this year is uneventful but fun!
Becky...you are funny! I can't stand it. :)
So glad you had a good birthday and happy the year is over for you. Can you believe we are really 30 and starting our 4th decade (had to point that out, we just ended our 3rd:) /makes us sound even older, huh?!
Love you! Here is to a boring year!
Post a Comment