Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Loads, and I mean LOADS of laundry

What was I thinking? Snuggling with a vomitous baby in a queen-sized blanket. That's an entire load by itself! Oh, well. Add it to the other 6 loads I washed. Wyatt was vomiting all day long. He couldn't even keep water or crackers down for long. I know this is a very "mom" thing to say (specifically and especially, my mom) but he is only in the 20% percentile in weight. He really can't afford to go too long without food. So, all-too-often, I was offering a few crackers and a sip of water, just to see it all come up soon afterwards. He was pretty nice about the whole thing: changing clothes, getting wiped down, and (brrrr!) a cold wipe on a fevered boy's doodle can't be anything but unpleasant. He just wanted to lay on my shoulder and be held all day. Suddenly, his appetite comes back, and he is keeping down water, crackers, bananas, & milk! (Wahoo!) Less than 24 hours later, he is feeling great and having fun. Does that mean it was food poisoning? Please tell me I didn't nourish my son with bad food.

8 comments:

melbel said...

We had that with Emily last week, but it wasn't just limited to throwing up either! Lemme tell ya, it was way too much fun cleaning up poop and throw up for a full day...the joys of momhood!

Becky said...

Yuck. Wyatt also had the poop part. He wears a diaper, so it's not as bad for me. But, from the sound of his crying, it was definitely bad for him!

And does that mean it wasn't something I fed him???

Dubb Days said...

Who the heck knows what it was? Unfortunatly you will probably never know. Robby did that when he was around a year. He went for 2 or three days. Being in the tenth percentile himself, I too was worried, but he pulled out of it and I still do not know to this day what it was. Poor Wyatt and poor mommy! It is no fun when they are sick! I sympathize!!
holly

The Harveys said...

So, I'm reading Becky's blog and I'm like oh!!! poor Wyatt has an ear infection, I wonder what that is like? The SAME day McKenzie is up all night... I'm all-it's just teething. The next night: same thing. Continued for four nights and I realize it's not teething. Dr. Webster tells me it's an EAR INFECTION!!!! Thanks Becky :)

Laura W said...

Ugh, sick babies are the worst! So sad!! Maybe it was a little rotavirus or something, but like Holly said, who knows. Poor guy -- and poor little doodle. :)

Jensons said...

I don't think you fed him anything bad...24 hour flu. I happens all the time. Much better than the longer variety of stomach bug.

Nella said...

So all the comments are cracking me up. We must all be moms, who else would have so much to say about vomit, poop, and doodles? Oh, and I don't think the '10 random things about you challenge' was up for discussion, silly. I and everyone else will love to hear 20 random things about you. Thats, right, the longer it takes you,the higher the number of random things goes. :)

Scott & Annie said...

Oh barfing babies are the worst! Scott's aunt used to tell her kids they could have money if they threw up in the toilet, so the would be asking for their money in between heaves over the toilet. Obviously, Wyatt is too young to a. go to the toilet, b. like money, but it reminded me of that. What a bad day though!