Wednesday, February 20, 2008

10 things blah blah blah...

Ok. 10 things you may not know about me, and probably don't want to know... thanks a lot, tag people. See if ever read your blogs again.

10. I love to clean out my ears. If I could, I would lie in a soft chair and clean my ears all day long. Recently, Tyson tried to buy me the cheap Q-Tips, he quickly got a stern verbal lashing. I have delicate ear needs.

9. My closet is also color-coded. How else would you know precisely where to find a shirt? It starts with whites, ( in order: sleeveless, short-sleeved, 3/4 length, then long-sleeved) then pink, red, orange, yellow, green and so on. I do brown after black so that it's a smooth transition into tan and off-white. Full circle!

8. I love croutons. I love salads, but I LOVE salads when there are a few croutons sprinkled on top.

7. You know how milk gets crusty things in the lid crevices? I hate those. I open my milk over the sink, or at least the counter just in case a crusty crumb comes off the lid. I know it rarely happens, but what if it happened while opening your milk over the top of your cereal or something? Ew.

6. I have very recently switch from scrunching to folding my toilet paper. Actually, I still sneak a little scrunch in the middle, before I wrap a few layers around the outside.

5. My dishwasher is loaded a certain way. When Tyson (bless his heart) puts them in any differently, I rearrange them. I pick up the dirty dishes, just to move them to another place in the dishwasher. Which brings me to #4...

4. My sink must be empty. I hate having dirty crap just sitting around, especially in the kitchen. (Don't get the wrong idea, my house isn't spotless. You may be scared to see the bedroom, but I pick my battles. You know?) Yes. Dishes go straight to the dishwasher - never the sink. Wouldn't it be silly to have a clean empty dishwasher and a full sink of filth?

3. I do pick my nose. Liz hates it. But if something is in there, I can't leave it! Tissue or not, I'm getting it out. Sorry.

2. If warming something in the microwave, I never do 10 seconds. I do 9. Why push the 1, then the zero that is clear on the other end of the number pad? I am not lazy, just efficient. It makes so much more sense to me to push one number than two numbers that are so far apart. There are other rules, including 11, 22, and other 'second' amounts. Do you think this silliness adds any extra time to my day?

1. Last but not least, my hair. 1) I shed hair more than any creature you've owned. Tyson cleans out our drains about every 4 months, it clogs them so bad. And ask many grossed-out co-workers who find my long blond hair in balls under their desks. Or friends who find them in their car and laundry. It doesn't seem fair that mine is so easy to identify. 2) The older I get, the curlier it gets. Mostly around my face and underneath. You know it looks strange when your niece asks, "Why do you have all that curly hair under there?" 3)Wyatt loves my hair. It's strange (yet slightly endearing) that he grabs a handful of hair, like most children would a blanky, and sucks his thumb holding on tight. This becomes especially gross when he finds my hair on the floor (right, because I shed too much), picks it up and sucks his thumb. Doesn't hair become just intolerably disgusting when it's not attached to a body? That is why the ziplock bag with 10 inches of hair is grossing me out on my table. I've got to mail it to Locks of Love ASAP.

Here's my new hair cut...

Alicia's creation


My own attempt:

and without the bangs...

Ya. Too much of me. But, it's kind of hard to do it on my own. I am so hair-retarded, I don't even know how to use a round brush. And yet it turns out so fluffy. Oh well, I'm trying to learn!

14 comments:

Nella said...

Becky, I'm telling you that you have always been one of the top five people who can make me laugh faster and harder than anyone else. Although no one likes to admit it, everyone picks their nose. I defy anyone to deny it!
And lastly, your hair cut is adorable! Seriously SO cute!

Laura W said...

super cute hair!! Yes, I just said super cute. Totally. :)

Emily & Rayden said...

cute hair girly. everyone around me is getting their hair cut while i'm growing mine out! its making me want to cut mine off again! i really like the picture with the bangs. cute! :)

Kara said...

Love the hair...so stylish and foxy, Becky!! Wahoo!

Dubb Days said...

Love the hair, love the quirky things you brought up, love thinking about college days with you, love you!!

The Harveys said...

I miss the old Becky already! You know- the one who would scrunch the toilet paper, the one with long hair... Oh well at least you didn't get a boob job like all of our other friends! Love lots.

melbel said...

Cute new do! And I'm glad you played along since it's fun to learn stuff about you!
ps No, I didn't add my additional post because of your comment! :) He just forgot a few things unique to him, so I added them! :) No worries!

melbel said...

PS Emily just saw the pictures of your hair and she said (without prompting, I must add), "Look at her! She's so BEAUtiful!" I must agree... :)

C.J. and Jackie said...

Oh Beckypants, I sure do love you. You make me laugh so hard. And I do have to say that your new haricut is very, very cute. What did Tyson say when you cut your long hair off? CJ always tells me I can't cut my hair above my shoulders. He is out of town this weekend for work, maybe I will just go get it cut.

Scott & Annie said...

It looks awesome!

Allie said...

Oh my gosh Becky I love your hair!!! It is so cute! I don't believe for a second that you don't know how to use a round brush because it looks awesome! By the way I'm glad you got tagged because your way funny and I loved reading all of those great things about you, especially the nose picking one!

Jensons said...

I love the hair.....it looks fabulous. Love the bangs.

Katie said...

Thanks for the positive response to my laundry troubles... Right now, I have another two weeks to put away, but I don't feel like it so not today.
I also LOVE to clean my ears out!!! I love it so much that somehow I actually gave myself some sort of infection that really hurt. The doctor said not to clean them out, but I can't stop. It feels to good!
I also have a color coded closet and a very specific way I load the dishwasher. I count the plates and bowls and silverware too to make sure that I have everything:) I think that is possibly a little OCD but oh well.
Last off, both my boys love my hair. They can't live with out it. Chase just comes up to me randomly and plays with it for a minute and goes back to what he is doing. It is funny.
Anyway, glad that I am not the only crazy person running around:)
Love ya!

Katie said...

and, by the way, Happy Birthday!