I swear, I don't know what I did with a full-time job. Life is so busy, there is no time for things like that! It has been weeks since I posted. In fact, consider yourself lucky if you've heard from me in any form over the last few weeks. Feb 19, just after my haircut (my last post), I picked up my sweet 1 year old niece for a long slumber party. Her family went back to New York for 5 days and decided it would be better for all if she stayed behind. Lucky for Wyatt. He LOVES friends (as you can see), and went through some genuine withdrawals after she left. I dressed them alike and had so much fun pretending they were twins. All I can say is bless Costco for being the only grocery-seller in the county with 2 seats in their shopping carts!!


The day Eliza leaves, I am baking baking baking refreshments, then rush off to the fireside I had been planning the weeks before for our 7-8 year olds and their families. Then right away, running around for the Blue & Gold Banquet. Good grief, are scouts really worth all that work? Or should I have just had some cub scout leaders called by then... Oh well, it was worth it. I have Max (the little guy I watch on Fridays) an extra day that week, Wyatt comes down with a strange infection and a yeast rash, so off to the doctor then straight to a viewing. The next morning, we're up early and off to my sister's for more nannying. I know plenty of people have 6-7 kids... but there is definitely a reason they come one (or two) at a time. It's so hard to remember all the dates and times for swim team, violin lessons, Tai Kwan Do, Art class, Piano, etc etc etc. Women with that many kids are either really smart or just plain nuts. I'd like to think my mom was just really smart... Anyway, Tyson gets the infamous influenza virus (he swears they stuck the entire 8-inch Q-tip up his nose and into his brain to test for it), so this 2-parent job suddenly becomes a little more exhausting. Add Max to the mix twice that week. Liz & Thom's flight is scheduled for 6:30 Thursday night, then delayed to 11:30. Now it's coming in the next morning. I already promised my mom I'd keep her dog while they went to Boice, so she sleeps over the extra night at Liz's. She whines all night, escapes from the yard at 7am. We get an early phone call from neighbor Walter, thanks for waking up the rest of the kids. He tells me the dog is barking at the school kids and almost got run over by the school bus. Dang dog. Ah oh, Wyatt's now running a fever. As soon as Liz & Thom get home, I run Wy into the doctor and sure enough!! His test is positive for the flu too. By the end of the day, I am aching and down with flu as well. Wyatt and I spend the whole day cuddling and shivering, then sweating, then shivering. Doesn't he just look kinda miserable?

I know red licorice isn't the best thing to give a sick baby, but we are so ill I just don't care. And he seemed to like it, as he is showing his sign for more of that delicious "food"! We just look great, don't we. (I'm surprised I'm posting such a nasty picture of us).

We are lucky Tyson is so nice. He washed the laundry and cleaned the house. He made sure we were fed. Wyatt is still trying to get over it. He's still got fevers and major snot. But while I was gone tutoring last night, Tyson-Love-of-My-Life Taylor made a delicious Chinese noodle dish with stir fry veggies and egg rolls. (Those of you who know Tyson know that he has never actually cooked anything that didn't say "Cheese & Macaroni" or "Hamburger Helper" on the box.) So, I am so impressed with the deliciousness, I've got to take a picture.

What a cutie. So, I think life is settling down. It will undoubtedly pick up again - for sure in April when I have another family of 5 (plus my own) for even longer. My brother Blake & his wife Cherlyn are going to Isreal (with Tricia & Randy, Mom & Dad, etc)! 12-14 days will be the longest "nanny" I've ever done. But for now I am going to nurse my child back to health, then start taking long walks in the weather that is beginning to look brighter! Enjoy.
7 comments:
Wow, I thought I was a busy person. I'm so sorry that you and your family got that awful flu!! Seriously though, I'm terrified at what is going to happen now that I've read this because your blog is contagious... See ya tonight, I can't wait!
WOW!! What a rough time! I guess these times help you appreciate the normal, 'boring' times. What a cute husband you have, these men seem to know just when to come through and surprise us.
Whew...I am exhausted just reading what you went through! 1)I am glad I am not over scouts 2) I am glad we have so far been passed over with the influenza virus 3)Yea for Tyson! What great nurturer! 4)sounds to me like you are ready to add a member to your family!!
Hmmm... Maybe we are.
Hmmmmm.....is that an announcement:) Seriously though, I hope your siblings appreciate having someone like you willing to take on ALL of their children at the same time. That is impressive. Also I am embarking on potty training so I thought maybe we could send him to your house for the week to take care of that--what do you think!!
Oh Becky! That was so tiring to read that. I think I better take a nap now. I hope your cute family is better now. 12-14 days is going to be a very long nannying time. But you can do it! You are awesome with your nieces and nephews and of course cute Baby Wyatt. I think it is time for you to have a break though. You, Tyson and Wyatt just head on my way and I will take care of you!
Becky! It was fun to find you via jessica's blog. I haven't seen your little guy since he was first born! I am glad to hear you are all alive and well. Enjoy your break before the chaos returns!
Jenny
Post a Comment