I just can't help but laugh when I see Tyson's night stand. It is ridiculous how much crap he stores there. He has books on books on books, drinks and snacks, a picture of us (somewhere), wrappers, and many more treasures...
Which is why I had to also take a picture from the top view. Ha ha.
I just think it's so funny. All of it.
So, I am chuckling to myself that I snuck a picture of his scary nightstand, and wondering to myself why, but still thinking it's kind of funny and silly (Wyatt must have been napping. I get bored and lonely without him). A day or two later, Tyson says, "Do you know where the fingernail clippers are? I'm thinking.... yes, I know I saw them... where did I see them? Somewhere... And suddenly this picture - almost like an 'I Spy' book - flashed in my mind. I can see those clippers! It's obvious why he couldn't see them the first time he looked. They were the needle, and that nightstand is clearly a haystack.
So, I am chuckling to myself that I snuck a picture of his scary nightstand, and wondering to myself why, but still thinking it's kind of funny and silly (Wyatt must have been napping. I get bored and lonely without him). A day or two later, Tyson says, "Do you know where the fingernail clippers are? I'm thinking.... yes, I know I saw them... where did I see them? Somewhere... And suddenly this picture - almost like an 'I Spy' book - flashed in my mind. I can see those clippers! It's obvious why he couldn't see them the first time he looked. They were the needle, and that nightstand is clearly a haystack.
For the record, our house does not reflect Tyson's snack and clutter habits. This is my nightstand. Take a good look at the (use to be) pink (now it's kinda peach) alarm clock I got for my 8th birthday. I'm still attached to it.
I admit I removed a reading book before I took the picture. But that's all :)

13 comments:
Awesome pictures!! Who needs food storage with a nightstand like that??
Ha! You are sneaky. :) I love the alarm clock. I think I remember it from your old room?? Dirk just lost his alarm clock (we're pretty sure Ari had something to do with that) that he has from high school (or so?), and he's pretty lost without it. Who knew people got so attached to the things! :)
That is so funny! It reminds me of that game where you stare at all the stuff for 30 seconds and then see how many things you can remember being on there! Good thing you knew where the fingernail clippers were! :)
ps I finished the book you recommended "Flipped." I thought it was so entertaining, but as soon as I finished, I spent the next 10 minutes looking for the sequel online. There isn't one! :( (I wanted to read the rest of the story...)
I think that is great. Tim and are also very different in our nightstands, though mine does get cluttered at times. I can understand the attachment to the alarm clock. I have one since middle school as well!
Thanks! It was from The Children's Place. I normally don't buy clothes for him unless they're on sale, but I couldn't resist that one! I also want to add that I love the alarm clock! :)
This totally cracks me up!
I think that my night stand looks a little bit more like Tyson's. Maybe you can come organize it along with the rest of my house. I am sure it is as clean as your night stand:)
I would like Tysons' secret: if I eat anything past 8:00 at night I'm guaranteed to gain at least five pounds. How does he stay so skinny?
Oh, boy that made my day. My poor husband would be so jealous of Tyson's nightstand. Clint accuses me of making the bed when he gets up to go to the bathroom at night. :) As for photoshop, my only suggestion would be to read the manual, and then just play around with it yourself. And when it comes to the digital scrapbooking, I've just barely tried that one out and I'm lost. I guess we should do a tutorial online or something.
Whoops. Tyson found the pictures of his night stand online and called me a big "cockameemee" (whatever that is.) I suppose I shouldn't air our dirty laundry, so to speak. But still... I can't help but chuckle. He he he
Becky, you are funny! If you look and CJ's night stand and my night stand you will find that mine is semi clean, not as clean as yours. And CJ's is messy, but not because of him, it is because of me. I tend to pile my stuff on his instead of putting it on mine. I am guilty. I am the messy one!
Is he using a sock as a bookmark? That works I guess! I love your posts they totally make me laugh!
I guess I would fall into the "Tyson Category" for nightstands minus the food. I love the alarm clock--because I still have the one I got when I turned 8. It was a bribe from my parents so I would stop falling asleep in their bed everynight. It still works, barely. I had to check your post after our talk @ bookclub.
Post a Comment