Thanksgiving Point - Gardens
Even though we went to Thanksgiving Point yesterday, we were excited to go to another venue today with Wyatt's friend Max, and my friend Jacque.

Feeding the Coy in the pond.

Baby Max, enjoying his cold drink - it was kinda hot.

Wyatt - contemplating the beautiful landscaping.

This is how much he enjoyed the exciting surroundings :)

Me and Jacque - it looks like we're trying not to touch eachother, huh. We really are friends.

The gardens are awesome. If you've never been, you should!
7 comments:
Cute pics! I love the picture of you and Jacque! Maybe you both smelled bad?
It could be worse, you and your friend Jaque could be like the women beach volleyball players who slap each others bums way to much for me to feel comfortable!! Does that bother anyone else?!?
If you ask me- which I know you did, I think that picture is way too close for comfort. In fact I think that shoulder to shoulder is almost too close. Good for you. It has been almost three years since I've been to the gardens at TPI. Thanks for inviting me! :)
Hey you have inspired me...I think I will take the kids there tomorrow!
Fun. I've never been to those gardens. Maybe I should go one day, you think? Yes, it does look like you don't want to touch eachother. That's okay. I will give you a big hug and take a picture of it just so people know you like to hug others. :) So...when are we doing family night? or just any old fun thing?
In answer to your video question on my blog, the Leap Frog videos are worth their weight in gold, in my opinion. When he was about 15 months I got him the magnetic leap frog letters for the fridge then around 17-18 months we discovered the video "Letter Factory" from Tim's sister. Robby was hooked. He knew his letters and the sounds they made in no time. Then about 6 months ago we discovered " The Talking Word Facory" which taught him how to put the letters together to make words--he loved it!! Then (I know, can you believe there is more:) we discovered "The Talking Words Factory 2" teaching him about complex words. All of these videos are awesome. He watches other things (Super Why is his current favorite on PBS) but these videos are what helped fuel his love of letters and reading. You can get them at Walmart or where we found them--the Library!
Sorry for that lengthy post, but you asked and I wanted to give you a thorough answer. Also I don't know if this makes a difference or not in his learning, but if he watches a video, he doesn't play with toys at the same time. This allows him to really concentrate.
I'd forgotten how pretty and fun that place is. Glad you and your friend had a good time!
Post a Comment