Lehi Round-up is about a week and a half in June of fun fun fun. There are rodeos, horse parades, carnivals, baby-contests, boutiques, float parades, etc etc. We went to the mini-parade. We saw crazy stuff. Like Lehi royalty: Wrangler-wearing, cow-ropin', tassle-fringed cowgirls. Go Lehi!
There were quite possibly 12 different cheerleading squads that cheered their way through the parade. I see if we do stay here, it is required to put your girls on a cheer team. Wyatt LOVED the cheerleaders. He watched, then cheered, then watched, then shook his hips a little. Good times.
Wyatt also waved back to everyone on the floats. Lots of waving. Friendly boy. Friendly city.
They threw candy out to the kids.
My family of four. We claimed a spot right in front of the post office. That's going to be our spot next year too - don't mess with us.
Colt had a great time. He stayed nice and dry in his car seat :)
At the carnival the next day, Wyatt finally rode a pony. He loved it!!!
This lady had not just gum stuck to her butt, but grass stuck to the gum stuck to her butt. If I knew her better, I would have helped her get it off. But I didn't. And since it was where it was, I took a picture and giggled instead.
All the rides are 25 or 50 cents. This was a giant caterpillar they crawl through. I poked the camera in a hole to get this picture about 5 seconds before a severe panic attack forced Wy out an emergency zipper in the side. Whew!
The train. I was the only adult on it. But, I'm always up for cheap carnival rides. Plus the lady running it said she fits fine, and she was like 350 lbs. So I figured my 280 would be ok :)
The swings were a great homemade fan-rigged clothesline contraption. Here's Wy & Cambry safely strapped in.Yeah Lehi! I really have become a fan. A Lehite.
12 comments:
I love it! I've been several times (mostly when I was younger) and had a great time every time. Maybe we should come with you next year. I also LOVED Colton smiling in his car seat. He is getting so big!!!
We love the Lehi Round Up!!!
So that just made my smile for the day! Love the gum picture. Classic! Way to just let her stay that way.
I love to read your view on the world, Beck! Love ya!
I love the pictures. What cute cousins Wyatt has! I really enjoyed the gum shot. You can't find that shot just anywhere only in Lehi Baby!!
We all love the good 'ol UC!
So like two years ago at Lagoon we saw this little African-American girl with a fro on the airplane ride and Heath took like four pictures of her because it was hilarious! Here's to voyeurism at its best- keep on trucking gum on pants lady.
Hey, we are Lehites too! I totally agree that it's a great place to live. Your boys are adorable!
In fact, I will leave a picture of it on my blog with no title just so you can see it?
I love the gum picture! That is hilarious!! I can totally picture you sitting there giggling while you take the picture too! I wonder if the lady realized you were taking a picture of her behind??
The lady with her gum stuck to her butt is AWESOME! I keep thinking about it and laughing! She would be so mortified if she knew her rear was on someone's blog. So funny!
Becky- you're awful- poor lady :> *teehee* Looks like the round-up might be worth a try some year...I love that Wyatt waves at the parades- I told my kids that if they wave they're more likely to get candy- they're waving maniacs!!! :D It's pretty hilarious to watch...
I am pretty sure you have had a FANTASTIC summer Becky! Looks like lots and lots of fun!
Post a Comment