Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mosquito bites and hail storms and bears - Oh my!

We had so much fun the last 5 days! I have hundreds of pictures, and so much to say. There is your warning. You can turn back now. Really.

Ok.

I warned you.

Friday morning we left for Star Valley, Wyoming for a Johnson Family Reunion.

First, we stopped at my brother's house, where they just barely - that day - got horses! Wyatt was so excited about their new pets.


Tyson is often found having fun and hanging out with the kids. I am actually starting to think he only married me for my super-fun family and our totally awesome nieces & nephews.

Here is a garter snake they caught. That's Maxwell holding it - Wyatt only wanted to look.

Then we headed to Auburn where we camp (Me & Colton? At bed time, we sneaked back to Shane's house to sleep.) It started raining... harder... harder... then hailing.

So we all ran for the shelter! Brrrrr!

Next morning: Tys & Colton, hanging out. Still chilly, but it almost warmed up!


Me, Colton, and our Jakey. We had tons of fun running around, playing games, and entertaining children! Wyatt was apparently having mucho grande fun. When I put Colton into his carseat, he quickly cried out, "No go home!! No go home!!" Chill, kiddo. We still have 3 or 4 days of fun left :)

Wyatt was a SUPER hitter! ...well, he swung at the pinata. And, that's all the little ones are suppose to do, right? Everyone needs a turn before it busts :)




Tyson and I planned a family vacation to Yellowstone this year. When my brother Blake found out, he said they were hoping to go to Yellowstone this year too! I said, well, come with us!! Then Brett's family wanted to. And my mom & dad. Then Shane's. Then Kirk's. What a party! My parents, and ALL my brothers' families came.

Anyway, since we were already in Wyoming, we decided to do Jackson Hole and Yellowstone the same weekend as our reunion.

Sunday morning we drove to Jackson.

And made a few friends.

Little Cutie. I like him too.

See what I mean about Tyson?

I am so glad so many people came. Wyatt wouldn't have had half the fun if he was stuck with just us. It's fun that he has so many cousins that he adores - and they fight over who gets to babysit him! True. I tell ya, he's the luckiest kid ever.

These are the hot spots at West Thumb in Yellowstone.

Ty & Wy getting a good look at Yellowstone Lake

Grandpa with the kids - Wyatt was too busy playing with Maxwell to be bothered with smiling for a camera. Punks.

Old Faithful. Not the largest geyser, nor the most consistent.... just the most popular. Why?

After Wyatt & Maxwell ran off, they were bound to strollers. A pink stroller was the biggest punishment we could think of :)

Monday morning we saw this aaaawwesome eagle in her nest. Incredible.

Me & T

Bison. Did you know they can run 30 mph? That is "three times faster than you." People are gored by bison every year! (We read the handouts)

Me & Mia - twinners

This nervy Coyote crossed the street right in front of our car. In no rush. If I were driving, I would have run over the little bugger so I could go find a bear!! jk :)

Our big family of 4 at Canyon Village. I wanted a picture with this bear in case we never saw one :)


The Falls in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone


On Tuesday, on our way out we stopped at Bear World, in Rexburg. It was so fun!

Wy & Max with more fake bears.


What is this, an Elk?

A real bear. His big friend tried to climb in the back of the truck in front of us! Yikes!

White trash: 4 people in the front seat of our car (you can almost see Colton's head). Wy couldn't see the animals from that darn carseat! But, come on. We were driving 3 mph. Promise.

There was a petting zoo, where Wyatt gladly growled and chased away all the hens, but would not touch this nice little deer.

He's picky about the critters and things he'll touch. Apparently kind an calm deer, laying silently on the grass is on the "Do Not Touch" list.


Pot-bellied pick is also on that list. Only Mia liked the pig. He snorted every time she touched him, though. I thought it was hilarious.

Goats, he will touch.


There were also rides at Bear World! Perfect little rides for even the littlest ones.

Forget Lagoon! This is our new place. Fun stuff.

This was only a fraction of the pictures we took. And only a few of the thoughts I thought. I could go on for days about all that fun...... :)

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Thanks for the tip abt. updating your blog...now I get to be the first one to comment. You did such a great job documenting the whole trip...and made it fun to read. So glad we could tag along. When's the next one?

The Harveys said...

Love it, and you weren't kidding about the pictures- that my friend must be some kind of record. I wish I could've gone on this awesome trip with you!

Dubb Days said...

that is somw fun stuff. I am impressed you did all that with a 3 month old. Then again you are super nanny momma!

Kacy & Adam said...

Hey! Great pics of the happenings at "Yellowstones" (as Sydney would say). It was great to see you the other day at Noah's Ark. Your family is so cute (crying and all, I can relate). Butit was good to see you..it made me miss you :)

Liz said...

awe dang...wish we were there, but taking family pictures was definitely a close second to your trip :) Lots and lots of fun!

StephNyd said...

Girl! When were you in Yellowstone and Bear World? We were JUST there last week!!!! I am doing a much similar post about our vacay! Lots of same pictures of the rides, the bears and everything! We should have totally gone together! :)

Di said...

Reading your blog makes me so happy! FUN!!!

Angie said...

Cute pictures!!! We had such a great time with you! Thank you for planning the trip. love you

Gayle said...

Loved to see your family all together and doing such a neat thing!
How did you ever get everyone going on the same trip? i have tried to get the 7 families in our family together for more than 2 consecutive days to no avail! Tell me your secret, please. I think it is your great sense of humor and relly cute kids. Must be the sense of humor cuz we've got cute kids too.
Love your blog, Becky!