Monday, August 17, 2009

In the middle of the night...

Have you ever heard of Murphy's Law? Well... Murphy went camping with us this weekend. Maybe I should start off with the good stuff. We had tons of fun at our Taylor Family Reunion at Ferron Reservoir.

We did some fishing.


Had some intense games of Horse Shoes



Tyson & I became excellent whittlers.... but only we could tell what we whittled.

Tyson made a bear, and mine was a snake (that looked suspiciously like a stick. )

We hung out around the camp fire, snuggled with Colton.


And my little cutie picked me a nice mountain bouquet.
(With a little help from his Aunt Mandy:)


All was well & good! We had lots of fun. I started getting a nasty headache around dinner time (who doesn't love dutch oven dinners, by the way?) and while Wyatt went to sleep like an angel, Colton woke up around midnight and was not happy about his surroundings. My headache turned into something more, and needless to say we yoinked our kids out of bed, took down our tent, packed up our things and drove back down the mountain to arrive home (in-laws home) a little after 2:00am. Well, the 3 of us complaining of tummy aches felt better by morning. And, after seeing what our Tilly-Dog did all over the carpet, I would say she felt much better too. That next morning was spent scrubbing vomit and diahreea out of the front room carpet. Thanks Tilly. Thanks Murphy.

7 comments:

Angie said...

The day camping part sounds great! The night sounds LIKE CRAZY TALK!!! You are a trooper! Camping with infants is a daring adventure at least you tried! love you

The Harveys said...

Yuck. I didn't know Ferron had a reservoir.

Dubb Days said...

Living Murphy right now. Tim broke his ankle last week, can't get up at all and I start throwing up and Bree breaks 5 molars--gotta to laugh to keep from crying, eh? At least the camping was fun while it lasted. Enjoyed to snake widdling comment:)
Hope to see you soon(if everything with this darn foot works out!)

Laura W said...

Oof!

htasker said...

Ah man! Camping is a hard thing with babies.

Jensons said...

We had the same experience recently with two throwing up kids all the way down Parleys.......however, we did not have a sick dog. Either way not fun at all!

Chris, Chrissy, & Landon said...

Man, its so crazy how much your two boys look alike. Honestly, I can't tell which is which in some of the baby pictures! They are both getting so big. All I can say is...ADORABLE!