A couple weeks ago, the boys were getting their bikes off the porch and left the sliding glass door open. When I went out to rearrange, this is what I saw. I didn't even scream. Just froze. My mouth dropped open, my hands got all sweaty, and my legs a little shakey...

I had my neighbor come over to get it. I'm sure he was thinking, "are you kidding me?" but when he finally came over, this honker totally freaked him out too. Especially when I asked him to catch it in a jar instead of kill it. Lol... he did ask for a bigger jar.
Anyway, the spider reared up on it's hind legs and tried to eat him, then we he got it in the jar it wrapped it's legs around the lid trying to get out. It was ugly. But my large and tough neighbor finally got the lid on and won the fight (I cheered him on from behind the glass door:)).
Here he is in his new home. You can see his beady eyes and big mustache... but don't let him fool you! He is not cute, and that is not a mustache, it's a cat-eating monster with hairy fangs!

Up close. Here is his little brother eating a cricket, and if you look closely, you will count 8 eyes! Nasty. Google says it is a Wolf Spider. Double Nasty.

I don't know what it is about me that attracts freaky spiders.
9 comments:
Wow freaky!
But congrats on the 10K. And how come you look so cute at the end?
They really are after you! It's giving me the chills. yuck!!
You are definitely being followed. I suggest you move. Boise, perhaps?!
You should send your neighbor a thank you card.
We found one of those in our garage and I ran like a little kid, while holding my little kids right back into the house and saved the errands for after Jason took care of it. They are creepy!!!
That is so disgusting. I am freaked out looking at the pics.
What the beep!!!!!! I'm speechless!
I am curious as to why you kept it and fed it a cricket? That thing is huge, ugly and could probably eat a small child. I really think you should kill it.
So I just realized that the last picture was probably one you found off the internet cuz you said little brother. Oh dear, I need to pay better attention.
Post a Comment