Monday, September 22, 2008

6th Annual Johnson Gals Trip

Every fall, all the aunts and cousins on my dad's side gather from all around the country - most from Utah & Wyoming, but we also had some from Cali, Arizona, and even Arkansas travel to St. George for this FUN FUN FUN weekend. We get front row tickets to whatever is playing at Tuacahn, which was Les Miserables this year. And we stay in this awesome house that very comfortably sleeps 20-something of us.

It has a pool, hot tub, tennis courts, etc etc - which we didn't even make time for this year, ladies!! Maybe 5 or 6 days would allow us to fit in everything :)


Some of the super-exciting things I captured on camera...

Bubble gum blowing contest. This is Jackie and my mom.



Me & mom at Eddie Bauer. The outlet malls basically take the entire Saturday. This year, our carload only made it to Eddie Bauer and Gymboree, but I think we were still there all day. Sheesh!



LaVada and Norma Jean - my dad's two favorite sisters and, of course, everyone's favorite aunts.



Jamie and Norma Jean riding the roller coaster... actually we were just at the play. Why are they so scared, I wonder?



All of us at the Tuacahn Theatre, waiting for Les Mis to start.



Jackie and I were very excited!! And it did not disappoint. The play was so well-done. Touching, funny, inspiring, and depressing. What more could you ask for?



Afterwards, we took some pictures with the cast. Here are the "Master of the House" and his hilarious wife. You should be able to tell them apart from our group... I hope.



And this guy played Jean val Jean. But I didn't want to get too close to him because it freaked me out how much he looked like... well... you know.



MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH

Tyson and Wyatt had a jam-packed weekend filled with tons of fun!!


Tyson took Wyatt to Cabela's where they fished and he got a hat for it!


Daddy and Wyatt went to the BYU football game. Can you feel anything but sorry for Wyoming? They wanted to win so bad, hate BYU more than anything, and still lost 44 to 0. That just humiliating. Anyway...



While playing outside, they found a snake. Apparently Wyatt thought it was awesome. Just looking at the picture kind of creeps me out.



Here is Wyatt with his very own Slurpee.


What a fun weekend for all!! I can only say that I am so grateful that Wyatt has such a fun AND responsible dad. I didn't have to worry about him for one second. Thanks, Tys.

12 comments:

Laura W said...

Look at your cute fam! Tell your mom I said hi. :)

Liz said...

That looks like so much fun...next time you should invite me.
Liz

The Harveys said...

I wish my Johnson side of the family did things like this. Oh well, at least we get to live vicariously through your adventures. I'm jealous.

Connie said...

Tyson and Wyatt may plan your next trip out of town so they can have another fun fill boys weekend!!

StephNyd said...

Oh my goodness Becky pants! You had so much fun. I love it. Aren't vacations the best? Fun fun fun!!!

StephNyd said...

BTW- I love the pic of you and your mom. Too cute!

Dubb Days said...

Is Jackie the only brunette in the bunch?! Looks like fun--I love time with the girls and it is so nice that you didn't have to worry about Wyatt at all!

Dubb Days said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robyn said...

Cute Becky!! Johnson's rule, and that's pretty much it! Oh ya, and so does BYU!

What a fun girls trip. But more importantly what a dang cute Wyatt! I love your blog, I will visit often! xoxo

htasker said...

What a fun tradition! I think the girls in my family need to start something like that!

Emily & Rayden said...

wyatt looks like such a big boy in some of those pictures! its so crazy how fast they grow so big!

Kara said...

Awesome trip! It took me a minute to figure out the likeness of Val Jean! Good thing you always have your head in higher places! Hope you are feeling well!