Friday, September 26, 2008

Utah's Hogle Zoo

Yesterday, Tyson and I took Wyatt and our little friend Max to the zoo. Luckily, when our wagon idea didn't work, our friend Alicia offered us her sit-n-stand stroller (which is exactly the stroller I want (in green), so it was really nice to try it out!). Here they are, both excited as can be!



Can you see Wyatt's sneaky little hand reaching over to pat Max on the head? He's just making sure Max is still there. :)


Wy - almost as big as an ape!



Max and I in front of the giraffes. I tried to get him excited about the animals, but he really didn't care so much.


Nothing makes you more aware of how much your kid sucks their thumb as when you are in a filthy place like Lagoon or the Zoo. Especially since he does it when he's nervous. Look at him holding on to Tyson's ear. And, I think we were looking at the penguins! They're not even scary!



This is about all the zebra would give us, which stinks. (ha ha) No, really. It's Wyatt's favorite animal, and it wouldn't even look at us or say "hi."



Mom & Wyatt checking out the elephants.



This giant elephant is funny, he makes noises and then squirts water out his trunk. I wanted to get a picture of Wyatt on it, but when Tys put him up there it squealed and shot water out it's trunk - which FREAKED him out. Seriously.


So, I'm thinking he wouldn't mind as much if me and & Max were on it with him, but he did mind. So, he's bawling, Max is screaming, and I am smiling away!! :)

5 comments:

StephNyd said...

Hey! When did you go to the Zoo? We just went today. If you were there today and I missed you, I will be one sad gal. We should go together. How about it? Also, what are we doing for FHE on Monday night? We need to talk about that.

Laura W said...

We love our sit & stand stroller! Ari loves the freedom and calls it her skateboard. Perfect for 2 kids this age.

stephanie said...

That kid just keeps getting cuter!

Nella said...

Fun at the zoo. I love crying pictures! This one is especially lovely since you are smiling and they are crying and its all being put on film.

Courtney said...

yeah i TOTALLY had a baby. :) I'm glad we found each other-- now our friendship can grow from friends to BLOGfriends! Love your pics of Wyatt! What a cutie!