On another note, I got so much useful advise about moving Wyatt to the toddler bed, and I wasn't really planning on making the change for a while - but he seemed so ready, I felt prepared, and we went for it! The first night, Wyatt ended up at the door asleep - we could not even wedge the door open enough to sneak a camera in. So, here is the picture from underneath the door. If you look hard, tilt your head to the right, then relax your eyes a little - you might be able to see the little cutie pie.

Even though he fell asleep by the door the first two nights, it wasn't a traumatic experience for any of us. It really went smoothly! Here he's sound asleep in the bed with his cow, of course.

Nap time. Hmmm, how do you do nap time in an escapably open bed? Seriously, I know nothing. Steph said it helps her kids sleep if its dark, so I found the darkest sheet we own (it fits in the little pack 'n play) and pinned it up in the window. Ha! What a joke! I totally cracked up laughing, like it blocked any light at all!
But with being somewhere else, and having friends here the other days, we haven't really focused on that. The one time (a couple weeks ago) I put him in the bed for a nap, I heard him in there pulling books off the shelf to read and playing with his toys. So. Hmmm, I say. It seems not as simple as the night-time switch. I'm hoping you will enlighten me...In the meantime, those couple extra days, we've had some great fun. I went to the Library to find a book, and story time was starting! So we stayed for it. Wy had tons of fun standing there sucking his thumb and staring at all the strange loud children. We left early.

Wyatt also had fun taking guitar lessons from Aunt Mandy. He's totally a pro now.

And who doesn't like to put underwear on their head once in a while!?! (Or a swim diaper if that's the style you choose to wear)
7 comments:
We had done the same toddler bed switch the exact same with out 3 older kids. My suggestion is bo buy a flat sheet that matches his room and black out material from JoAnns and sew it like a pillowcase and then figure out how you want the top to look. It works great in our rooms, and looks better than tinfoil on the window.
Ahwww, he's a thumb sucker too! So sweet! I especially LOVE the picture of him sleeping by the door - hilarious! BTW - whenever I hear the Jason Mraz song on the radio, I automatically think of you and your blog! Funny how it does that...
I LOVE the little sheet on the window!!! I was laughing so hard and could imagine you laughing as well. Maybe I will have to lend you one of my dark sheets that would cover the whole window!!! I'm glad you tried to take my advice. :) I hope naps get better in his big boy bed. You are having better luck than me. Lacey won't touch her big girl bed and has reverted back to the crib. She will walk by her big girl bed and say "Oh, cute. Big bed. No sleep. Want crib." So maybe in a few months she will take to it more. Love ya!
Sounds like your adjusting well to the big boy bed...with the usual harder steps in between. Super cute pictures of him sleeping...under the door...in his bed...etc...
Of course! I love a good pair of underwear on someone elses head every good once in a while. My boys do that too! :)
I'm confused is that an elbow or a leg under the door there? Anyway- I applaude you for your brave move to the toddler bed, it really is such a big deal! Actually- McKenzie prefers my swimwear to any other choice for headwear, it is dazzling to say the least. Let's get together soon and do something fun or whatever...Love lots.
welcome back! how are you feeling? i hope good!
The under the door shot is priceless!! LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment