Colton J. Taylor
March 8, 2009
4:25 pm

8 lbs 14 oz
23 in
Baby: Baby Colton turned and came at 4:25:00 (the nurse thought that was cool, that it was zero seconds) and had the 12 foot umbilical cord wrapped around him3 times - so blue as a dolphin, he was! They rubbed him, sucked all the fluid from his lungs (or not ALL of it we later find out) and measured him. A healthy 8 pounds 14 ounces! And who has babies 23 inches long!?! Holy Moly. A few battle bruises - mostly on his nose, but he made it!
This delivery was much more... exciting than the last. But still, having a 2nd newborn is not quite as stressful as the first one. We handled things very well, I should say :)
Wyatt: Loving him. He was really excited to meet him, and tells him "Hi" a lot. Every time he sees the baby, he says, "Can I hold it??" And he's having tons of fun with him.
4:25 pm

8 lbs 14 oz
23 in
The Longest Story Ever
(for those of you who wanted to hear all the boring details - but mostly for me :)
(for those of you who wanted to hear all the boring details - but mostly for me :)
Late Pregnancy: Where do I start? In December? On New Years Eve, I had to go into the doctor's office because I was having so many contractions. I was not really "progressing" so doc just asked me to take it easy and try to avoid the activities that made them more frequent. So! I was checked (you know where) a little more often than normal to make sure things weren't moving too quickly. I had 2 other episodes of several days, or a week where I had tons of contractions - the very end of January/beginning of February, then again maybe half way through February. This, my friends, would not be such a big deal if Tyson and I had not invested for the last 10 months in a few extra insurance policies (ya, in efforts to make money rather than lose it in hospital bills). One became effective for maternity purposes on February 23rd, the other not until March 1st. So, half way through February when I was dilated to a 3+ and 75% effaced we sort of... well, freaked out. Tyson put me on a strict bed rest. I tried to not clean, cook, or do anything but sit around (that is fun for about 1 hour). Tyson was so great, though. As soon as he got home, he would clean up our messes from the day, do laundry, clean dishes, bathe Wyatt, run errands, and everything else. We lasted not just to Feb 23rd, but all the way to March 1st!! And apparently, by then Baby Colton had decided to just stick around a little longer - just gaining weight :). Which was just fine, because doc went to Mexico Feb 28th, not to return until Mar 7th. In case I lasted that long, he scheduled an induction for Mar 8th.
Delivery: March 8th, 6:45am - the hospital calls and says come on in! Let's have a baby! So, Tyson and I dropped half-asleep Wyatt off at Aunt Lizzies and headed to the hospital. After being all admitted and hooked up to monitors, they started the anti-biotic. I was carrying GBS and the Penicillin has to be in me for 4 hours before anything really happened.
Pitocin was finally started out really low - Dr. Irion had to finish teaching his Gospel Doctrine class before coming in :). They turned it up gradually, and I had an epidural when I hit a 7 (note to self: sometimes epidurals are more painful than contractions. Consider going natural next time) which numbed me clear to my boobs and half my arms. It also made me rather sick. I started pushing, but nearly vomited, so I was given another drug to counter the nausea, and began pushing again. The poor little guy was posterior, so the doctor was trying to turn him the right way while I pushed.
Pitocin was finally started out really low - Dr. Irion had to finish teaching his Gospel Doctrine class before coming in :). They turned it up gradually, and I had an epidural when I hit a 7 (note to self: sometimes epidurals are more painful than contractions. Consider going natural next time) which numbed me clear to my boobs and half my arms. It also made me rather sick. I started pushing, but nearly vomited, so I was given another drug to counter the nausea, and began pushing again. The poor little guy was posterior, so the doctor was trying to turn him the right way while I pushed.Baby: Baby Colton turned and came at 4:25:00 (the nurse thought that was cool, that it was zero seconds) and had the 12 foot umbilical cord wrapped around him3 times - so blue as a dolphin, he was! They rubbed him, sucked all the fluid from his lungs (or not ALL of it we later find out) and measured him. A healthy 8 pounds 14 ounces! And who has babies 23 inches long!?! Holy Moly. A few battle bruises - mostly on his nose, but he made it!
This delivery was much more... exciting than the last. But still, having a 2nd newborn is not quite as stressful as the first one. We handled things very well, I should say :)Wyatt: Loving him. He was really excited to meet him, and tells him "Hi" a lot. Every time he sees the baby, he says, "Can I hold it??" And he's having tons of fun with him.


22 comments:
I love him! It took alot for me not to bite those squishy cheeks! Good job mommy!!!
He is so sweet! Congratulations Becky!
Oh I love him, I love him!!! And of course the rest of you guys! ;) It was so fun seeing you at the hospital. Sorry Lacey was such a grumpy girl. Some of the pics I took of little Colton are pretty cute. Can't wait to come and see you again.
YIPPEE Becky! I am so excited for Colton to be in our family. I am glad that everything went well and can't wait to meet him in June when I return back to Utah. Love Ya!
So cute! I'm so happy for your family, I can't believe you have another baby. The story is incredible and I had no idea you were on bed rest?! I will see you soon- for sure.
He is ao beautiful....i'm so jealous. I love babies : ) It looks like Wyatt is so proud and handaling it well. CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to hold him.
Oh, that is such a sweet hat! What a good boy! Can wait to hold him again! He's as cute as his aunt Liz...:)
Wahoo! Glad all is well! Hope things continue to go smooth for you! I love the hat selection. Hopefully it wasn't a wet one:)
He is so darn cute! I love hearing stories, glad you typed it all. :) Congrats again! Oh, and love the hat. :)
You were on bed rest? Wow! What a trooper you are! I won't say I told you so about the epidural- why do you think I go natural? :) Colton's precious! Congrats to you all!!!
What a DARLING new little baby you have!
The hat makes me hurt, which, i'm sure you know what I mean!
His weight is impressive, WAY TO GO MAMA!
liz
I thought you were having a girl for some odd reason. What a handsome little man you have and I love the name. Congrats to new momma and pappa!
Oh dearest Becky! He is so cute! I can't wait to see Baby Colton. He is quite large and i love his chunky cheeks. Wyatt will be a great big brother.
Becky Cutie- I have to come see that darling before he grows up! I can't believe how quick Zack has grown. Plus we need to return Tyson's shirt- I totally forgot to bring it last week! We hope you're doing great. That top picture is precious.
If you need some more of those hats I have a whole box. I love that first picture of Colton. I also love the one with Wyatt holding him. You did so good Becky! We love you!
Haha, I love the hat. Very creative little boy :).
Another cute boy to add to the Taylor family! Colton just fits, doesn't it? That little Wyatt is going to be a sweet little brother. Congrats!
I'm so glad he is here safely!! What a cutie:)
Wow! He's big and adorable. I love the 'hat'. It should definately be the new beanie in baby fashion. Congratulations.
Congratulations!!!
I loved having two. You know what you are doing but you are not too busy. Enjoy it!!!
CONGRATS Becky! I am soooo happy for you. Sorry that it has taken me so long to see this blog entry. I have been out of the blogging world for quite some time. Love the nursing pad on Colton's head! :) Sooooooooo funny!
Congratulations on the baby. He's adorable. It looks like Wyatt is loving his new pal.
Post a Comment