Friday, June 13, 2008

Kitchen Project

A little background: We came across our condo when someone else's funding fell through, so we did not choose any colors of paint, carpet, cupboards, counter tops, toilets, - you get the point. Everything was the very basic, the very cheapest possible (which was great for our pocket book - but not exactly pretty).

So, during my mid-life crisis, where I began to feel claustrophobic and stuck in a tiny place (it was a long winter, ok!?!) I started selling off all our furniture (a whole other story), and decided it was time to paint and redo our kitchen like we had talked about. Walls green, cabinets white.










Below is the finished (I use this word loosely) kitchen

One thing I like so much better than my monochromatic blue & white, is I can just add anything in any color, and it seems like they all look great. I really like the red with it.

Ta-da!! What should we do next?

13 comments:

The Harveys said...

Do y'all hire out? That looks so pretty!! I love green walls- it's just nice. I think a new baby's room is in order (not for Wyatt) if you get my drift... :)

Jenny and Josh said...

AWESOME!! I knew you could do it. Lots of sweat and back aches huh!? It looks great!

Laura W said...

I love it! And I'm jealous, because we have A LOT of white in this house still -- after 5 years. :)

melbel said...

There is nothing more refreshing than turning a plain old room to one that you adore! I love the result...just hate the process! Wanna come do mine next?! (ps I love your kitchen towel...it looks just like your header! Good way to bring in all the fun colors!)

StephNyd said...

Beck- so very cute! Makes a big difference in that kitchen, especially since there isn't a window in there, it brightens things up and I just love it! I will have to come down and see it in person for sure!

C.J. and Jackie said...

Becky, I love it! How fun is that decorating your place the way you want it. It looks so good. When we get a place I am going to have you come help me decorate and fix it up! We will have such a joyous time. When are you guys going to come visit again? I forgot.

Connie said...

What a transformation!! I can't wait to see your finished living room.

Brittany said...

I love the white alot...way better!

BanjoNerds said...

Looks very good. Impressive guys!

Kalisa

Nella said...

Nice work! Painting cabinets is a pain in the rear end. Am I right, or am I right? I LOVE the look of painted cabinets though, it's awesome. The green is a perfect shade too.

R said...

I'm confident that you don't remember me, but we went to H.S. together and sat next to each other in a few classes since our last names were the same. Well I stumbled on your blog yesterday and ever since my kitchen has been on my mind and we've been trying to figure out how to change our floor to wood and to match our ugly cabinets. You've inspired us but the reason for the comment is what finish did you use on your cupboards:flat. satin, or semi-gloss?

Becca said...

That looks awesome! It has such a pretty and clean look to it! Could I swing by this afternoon to pick up the book?

stephanie said...

You are very brave to do such a project. I came up with a similar idea two pregnancies ago, and still have not embarked on that adventure.