Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tilly-Girl

Meet Tilly. She is our oldest [puppy] child, born Dec 3, 2005. She has had many nick-names: Tilly-pup, Tilly-girl, Titty, Tee Tee, Puppy Love, etc. She can do tricks like sit, lay down, roll over, shake, and dance. Emma calls these tricks "The Tilly Show." She would run a marathon if there were a treat at the end - and is Wyatt's best friend.
Now that you have met and have grown attached to our Tilly, I will tell my story. Over Father's Day, we were in Ferron visiting Tyson's family. Sunday night while we were loading up the car to head home, Tilly wandered next door where the neighbor had just let their dog out. Let's call him Bitey. Well, Bitey didn't like Tilly. He grabbed her around her middle and tried to eat her. When she wiggled away, he grabbed her again and again - at least until Tyson got to him. Well, you know I can make a long story even longer, so I'll leave out all the sad details in-between (trust, me it would bring tears to your eyes [or at least make you sick to your stomach]).
As it turns out, her lung was puncture by Bitey's large tooth, and her air was leaking out into her body. The vet wrapped her up so tight that it's squishing her torn lung enough to keep the air from escaping. Hopefully it will heal up soon. She is very down.

This is Tilly hiding under the Piano bench this morning after I had to re-wrap her body. She cried the whole time. Maybe I should dose out the pain killers a few hours early...

7 comments:

C.J. and Jackie said...

What is it with other dogs that they like to eat our dogs?! I am so sorry Becky. I am glad you didn't give the details cuz they really would have made me cry. I hope Tilly recovers quickly. Give her a kiss from Aunt Jackie to make her better.

Laura W said...

Ohhhh, poor girl! She looks so much like our "firstborn" Minni pup that we had to get rid of when Ari was a baby. I hope she gets better soon! Do they make dog treat bouquets to send? :)

StephNyd said...

Oh Becky, That is so sad. Poor little Tilly. I hope she gets better soon. :(

Jensons said...

Oh no! That is so terrible, poor Tilly, we hate Bitey. Emma and Sage would be devestated if they saw this, they still ask for the Tilly show all the time....hope she feel better very soon.

Kalisa

Danielle said...

What! Didn't something like this happen to Honey? What a little fighter. That darn Bitey. Bytheway, we're coming Thurs. ('cause Kirkie Turkey had to get some things done here)...hope to see you.

Also, really like your kitchen. Looks great!

stephanie said...

Your story made me laugh and cry...I feel so bad for Tilly and you! It's not easy being a cute, little, defenseless poodle.

Jenny and Josh said...

So sad! We wish Tilly the best!