Sunday, June 29, 2008

Discovery Gateway

We went downtown to the Discovery Gateway last week with my sister Liz and her kids, and our little friend Max. It was so fun (besides the giant group of 3rd or 4th graders that were there. Like termites - everywhere! Every kid you see with a blue vest on. that's them.)

We somehow got away without the double stroller, so (trying to be innovative with our single) I reclined the seat all the way back and put Wyatt behind, and strapped baby Max in front. It worked out well for a few min - well, seconds.
Wy got a little Hug-Happy, and Max doesn't love the hugs.

Can you blame him??


So I made Wyatt stand on the front of the stroller and just hold on to the tray.
He didn't mind.


Jacob, doing a boogie dance.


Jacob and Allie, playing instruments.


Wyatt eating a plastic carrot from the tiny house. Yum, do you think anyone else has put that in their mouths?


Kathryn driving the car. This girl was not afraid to shove a big blue-vested kid aside so she could have fun too. You go girl.


Who needs boats when you can just ride a swan?


Baby Max having fun in the "below 18 month" section


Marissa was so awesome taking care of Wyatt and helping him out all over the museum.


This is the fun water watchamacallit. Pumping, dumping, spinning, wells, wheels, balls, boats, and of course, water.


Offering to help the big kids - they really didn't want his help.


Even though Marissa got him a stool to stand on, Wyatt just wasn't high enough (this is very typical) so he shimmied out of his shoe to use it as a step stool on top of a step stool.

Riding the horse


This awesome ball place was so fun. You gather balls and stick them into the tubes that suck them back up the machine. I'm wondering why if they suck in why did it blow his hair away when he opened it?

Kathryn


We were there for hours past Wy's naptime - and he was so happy to be there! But the minute he curled up in my legs, he was GONE.

7 comments:

Jen said...

looks like you had fun! We love the discovery gateway also! Malia calls it the 'play place' - we have a pass so if you ever want to go again we could get together!! It would be fun to see you anyway!

stephanie said...

Great virtual tour of your museum adventure! I'm in Albuqurque and we just went to the children's museum here--very cool. How's Tilly?

Kara said...

Looks like so much fun! I wondered if they had stuff for my little ones' ages...you just answered that for me! My favorite is Wyatt hugging Max...what a friendly boy!

Danielle said...

What a fun place for kids! Looks like you wore them out...which is always a bonus.

Connie said...

I love the picture of Wyatt sacked out on your lap at the end!! What a sweetie.

Dubb Days said...

What a fun day! I didn't know all that fun stuff was there! Oh and I love the SNL skit. I have told a bunch of people about it. Very humorous and so informative:)

Ambree Cheyne said...

how cute becky!
i miss you!