Sunday, June 8, 2008

Double - Goose

Here is the scoop. I was at my sister's house, caring for her little angels while they were out of town (whats new?). Wyatt slips/trips/skips (who knows? I swear every time I turn around he's face down on the floor - are all kids this clumsy?) and goes head-first into the corner of their fridge. About 2 seconds after he hit, this giant goose egg shows up on his forehead. BULGING. Seriously. The flash washed out the color and depth of this goose bump.

Yes, he is smiling. The kid can't help it (see previous post).



Two - maybe three days later, he slips on our kitchen floor and guess what hits the floor? That blue and green bruise on his forehead!! It was the loudest thud in the world. Same thing, same place, twice as hard, and the poor kid hadn't healed from the first crash.

This time, not so funny. He cried for a while, and I cried (on the inside) for 2 days. A goose bump on a goose bump? How cruel.

Again, the picture does not do this gigantic bump any justice. It was gigantic. :(

11 comments:

BanjoNerds said...

Poor Wy-guy.... That really is cruel. I wish him very balanced thoughts for the future.

Kalisa

Danielle said...

Here's to hoping there won't be a third bump on the bump on the original bump. Poor little guy! We're excited to see you all in a few weeks...

StephNyd said...

Poor Kid. I hate it when my kids fall and hurt themselves like that. :( Maybe you should put padding all around his head from now on. :)

melbel said...

He looks a lot more sad in the last picture. Poor little man. It looks painful. Hopefully he'll avoid falling on it again! :(

Nella said...

Who knows, maybe these falls will stimulate his brain in some unusual way and he'll end up being a genius. Not that he wouldn't anyway, with such smart parents, but I mean maybe it will be even more aparent. Doh! Shutting up. Doh! I mean, being quiet now. Bye!

Jen said...

Ooh! Yes, most kids are pretty clumbsy - at leat mine are anyway! They've had their fare share of goose eggs! He's still adorable though!! Bandaids and kisses really are magical too! Again, at least for my kids!

Dubb Days said...

I hope all your kids are this happy!

Connie said...

I can vouch for the enormity of the bump on the size of his head!! What a good sport he was. For what it's worth, he deserves the residual sympathy!

The Harveys said...

Hey, do you think that Wyatt could teach McKenzie not to cry EVERYTIME she falls down? Just wondering.

Kara said...

When Grant got his first "bad" goose egg, I called our nurse and she asked me if I was okay because I was crying harder than he was! Poor Wyatt!

StephNyd said...

Hey Beck, if you saw my post a while ago about Lacey's eye, I'm not sure who beats who? Wyatt or Lacey? Lacey's was pretty bad. And of all ways to get a black eye...hitting the corner of our laptop was Lacey's way. Go figure.