This is too exciting not to share. The last few weeks, Wyatt tells me that he needs to poop right before or right after he does it. Actually, he started out just telling me after he'd pooped, but then started saying it before he pooped. Anyway, I've only heard that kids, especially boys, usually don't potty train until they're three. And he's still one. So, no pressure. But I thought it would be awfully silly if he does know when he's got to go, and is willing to tell me, that I not explain where we go poop. We use the potty! Right!?! So, a couple days ago I started asking him if he'd like to poop in the potty (when he tells me he's got to poop, of course). He's flattered and excited and sits up there like a proud peacock. Then gets back down and we put his diaper on. WELL, tonight he actually pooped in the potty. He looks in there, points to it, and goes, "Ew." Ha ha. But I totally made a huge deal about it: daddy took a picture of us, I gave him a dum dum, and we called grandma & grandpa to brag (but all he wanted to talk about was his sucker). So again, no pressure, but I am really kind of hoping he wants to do it again!

He he! Excitement!
And while I'm here, I may as well show you Wyatt's bedroom since Wy and I moved the crib out & rearranged. His room is so big and spacious now! He's got tons of room (for a small 10x10 room). Now, if he only had more than 3 toys to play with in all that space... oh well.

And Tilly has suddenly decided she prefers sleeping on Wyatt's bed rather than her own (which I secretly hoped would happen one day). Watch over our boy, Tilly-Girl.

But back to the potty. Seriously, isn't that so fun?
13 comments:
HOLY CRAP is so right! I cannot believe he went in the big people potty. Lacey is almost 2 1/2 and she has completely no interest in being potty trained at all. Good for you Wyatt. Wouldn't it be nice if he potty trained early? Then you wouldn't have two in diapers. :) Good luck with it all.
I'm so jealous! At the same time I can't believe how awesome that is and Wyatt good job!!
Yipee! Way to go Wyatt! ps That is a really cute family picture of all of you! :)
that's amazing. I can't even get
kaitlyn done and she's 2 1/2
Wyatt is so smart AND so cute!
Yeah, you found me. I've actually been wondering what you were up. so glad to hear from you.
That is so amazing...I mean I (and you) are barely potty trained! ;)
It has always really bothered me when people say "boys are slower" in like everything. I say pocky cock! You take advantage of that and run with it! He is completely capable of being potty trained before yor next one. The only thing that you have to wait for sometimes is them being physically ready--meaning there muscles have developed enough that they can hold it when they have to go. But it sounds like mentally he is heading in the right direction!! Go Wyatt!! And go Becky!!
I wish you the best of luck. After successfully potty training 2 lovely boys, my 3rd decided to change things up and refuse to poop in the toilet. So he wears underwear all day and night except when he's gotta go #2. He keeps telling me he'll go in the toilet when he's 4. (I'll believe it when I see it)
Sooooooooo awesome Becky! Jake was a month from three before I made him sit on the potty and go poop. Way to go Wyatt! Happy days!
That would be so great to get one out of diapers before you begin another!!
If you can pull it off getting him trained at one then you will be my new HERO. I haven't mastered it and I have done it 6 times. Way to go WYATT!
Hurrah Wyatt!!! I hope it keeps up for you Becky- maybe you won't have 2 in diapers for ever....
Post a Comment