Did all of you watch the Presidential Inauguration? I watched what I could (in between feeding and changing 3, making a birthday cake, and chasing down a rebel dog), and I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of election day, in Chicago when he came out and spoke to everyone as the new President Elect. Regardless of whether or not I voted for President Obama, (or agree with any of his politics) I am always touched when I hear him speak and see those in the crowd with tears streaming down their faces. In my ignorance, I failed to realize that there are people still living today who have experienced segregation and more - and never in their wildest dreams believed a black man would ever be elected as president. I suppose there will always be intolerance and racism, but President Obama has inspired hope in a lot of people, and I will support him and pray he does our country well. Good luck, sir!
If you didn't get a chance to watch his speech, you should at least read it here.
1 comment:
The speech was out of the ordinary but inspiring- just as you said. Thank you for posting something about it, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who really watched it?
Post a Comment