This morning, my mom and I woke up early and drove to Wyoming to see the elected Lincoln County Sheriff sworn into office (that's my big bro, Shane). He was elected with 84.11% of the votes (you can see the election results as proof here.)
Here is Shane & Tara, Mason, Kamryn, & Tel

Me & Wyatt, Sheriff Johnson, & my mom
What fun! After he was sworn in, he showed us all around the courthouse. We went to the Commissioner's office where they have pictures of all the past commissioners, including my great great grandpa. He took us through a secret tunnel, a room for shooting practice, to his own "apartment," the dispatchers lair, the booking cell (I was hoping, but we didn't meet any of the criminals in there)
Last we saw his working office - where the kids cut loose and had fun. I mean.... worked very hard.
That was a trip well worth it!
We are so proud! :)
We are so proud! :)



10 comments:
Why didn't you tell us about Shane!!!??? What a great thing. We could have come up with a banner or at least a card signed by all last night! So glad you got to go up and be there for the swearing in. this is great. Please call me with their address so I can congratulate him. WOW!
I think I know that guy..I'm thinking from the looks of the picture, we come from the same gene pool. :)
That is really cool! He will be great!
Awesome! Go Shane!
I don't know Shane, but that is really exciting! Not a huge fan of Wyoming but I love anyone in an uniform- especially law enforcement. :) See you soon. P.S. Are there any fun museums period?
Sweet...so if we ever end up in jail in Wyoming we have someone to call!
That's really cool you drove to WY to support him like that--that's sisterly love! It was nice putting a face to a name, and congratulations to Shane!
I don't even KNOW your brother, but I feel kind of famous knowing YOU because you guys are related! Super cool!
That is pretty cool, now you guys have some serious connections.
That is cool. Didn't know you had such a rich heritage in authority. Oh and about Wy burning his hand--I can't beleive he didn't cry!
Post a Comment