
This is about what she looked like. The size of the body was ridiculously huge, but the legs were longer and pointier. Ick. I returned from running, it was dark outside, and I was alone. I walked past this nasty arachnid and turned to look again, because it just wasn't real. It was... it must have been standing on a big wood chip, because spiders did not come that large. Seriously. It was about 4 feet from my front door, but I was afraid it would open it's mouth and eat my foot if I tried to step on it. I squealed to Tyson (barefoot useless Tyson). He checked it out and ran for the "Home Defense" spray. But it wasn't where I told him it was and he was taking so long.... I panicked! I couldn't wait any longer! (I am starting to itch just telling you about it... ughhh... itchy itchy...) so I had to stomp on it!!! Of course it ran, and guess what else ran? Hundreds of teeeeny tiiiiiiny microscopic baby spiders. Everywhere!! We have dirt and wood chips blow in under our door ten times the size of those little icky nasties. (Note to self: figure out how seal off the bottom of our front door better). More screaming. Ten o'clock at night. Ty finally came back with the spray, and I went crazy with it. Killed the mommy and chased every disgusting baby down - I think. He warned me that it was really too toxic to be spraying that much all over. He said it again. But I kept spraying. And I am convinced that losing a neighbor cat would be worth it if I got rid of all those spiders. I sure hope I got them all....... and Oreo - I haven't seen you the past couple days. Hope you're ok. If not, just know that it was not in vain that you were poisoned. It was for a noble cause.
11 comments:
Scuze me - going to go barf now.
Exactly how toxic does Mr. Biology think this stuff is?? Having lived in two basement apartments now we have used this stuff a lot. And pretty close to our bed too!
This cracks me up! You and your spiders. Remember one time in high school there was a spider in your parents bathroom and you swore it "chased" you around the bathroom?! Classic. Love it.
Julie. That spider DID chase me. Didn't I tell you I read all about them - it completely confirmed my story. It was call the "aggressive house spider" nicknamed "hobo spider" I know more about spiders mating and biting and chasing habits more than I'd like to admit. I am so totally terrified of them, it's not even funny.
That spider is way creepy! Oh how I could have watched you during this fiasco! Just glad it wasn't me because I don't get along with spiders either. I hope you got 'em good!
That is so disgusting! I would have done the same thing. I act brave in front of my kids with spiders so they won't be scared of them, but if a big spider came in my path like that any bit of braveness would be out the window. Good job little momma. love you
That is the scariest story I have ever heard and I don't think I will be stepping on any spiders ever again.
You are so fired for posting that right before bed. Dirk was laughing at me trying to cover the picture with my hand while I read your story. :) Ew ew.
Okay, the baby spiders would have put me over the top--and I am used to seeing creepy crawly things--in my house--everyday! (there was a lizard in my car today:)
I hope you have had no reoccurences and sorry to hear about your grandpa--gald he is back with his sweetheart!
Dear Becky...
Please, please, please post something new so I don't have to look at that creepy spider when I pull up your blog!
YOur thoughtfulness is very much appreciated!
Love ya!
Katie
Ewww! I'm shuttering just thinking of it. It brings back horrible memories of the first apartment Scott and I lived in...it was infested with HUGE hobo spiders. Ewww!
Post a Comment