Friday, August 6, 2010

Wyatt has a way with words

Wyatt and I have a love/hate relationship right now. He makes me laugh so hard, loves me more than anyone, and sheesh, he tries to kiss me all stinkin' day. But somehow he pushes buttons no one else has dared. But. Let's focus on the positive. :) These are the most common things he says/does that makes me laugh:
(...and now that I'm reading them, it isn't nearly as funny as hearing the way he says it....oh well)

"I think I broke my leg or two."
"You're the bestest mom I eva-seen!!" (He also quickly switches gears and tells me I'm not his friend. But that's not cute OR funny.)
"Alright guys, I'm the train doctor. All aboard!!!"


Wyatt thinks he is a super-hero. Literally. He puts his fists on his hips like Superman when something is amiss, and says in his most super voice, "I'm here to help!" He claims he can fly, fix things, fight fires, and kill bad guys (even though I tell him every day that we don't kill anyone and we can put bad guys in jail). He defends his friends, lecturing their parents for making them eat their lunch. Nervy. But, I definitely want to be on his team, cause he's got your back - and he's scared of no one.

Last night:
Wy: "My tummy hurts"
Me: "You better get into bed, then."
Wy: "Oh, mom. My tummy don't hurt.... Silly."

A DAILY conversation with Wy-Fry:
Wy: "Stop, Colton. I'm in charge here!"
Me: "Mommy is in charge."
Wy: "Ya. We're in charge, right mom?"
Me: "No, Wyatt. Mom is in charge."
Wy: "Ya, and me too."
Me: "No, bud. I am."
Wy: "Colton, don't do that again. Me and mom are in charge....."


1 comment:

Laura W said...

I love your blog, Becky. Your writing always makes me laugh to myself. (Then Ari says, "what's funny, mom?" and I suddenly have 2 kids climbing on me to see your kids faces. True story.) You're a cute mom. Good luck with the busy school sched! If you need playdate relief, give me a call! :)